The PCIe NTDS Parallel board connects computers with PCI Express (PCIe) slots to military computers and peripherals with MIL-STD-1397C Type A, B, C or H interfaces. The board is compatible with x1, x2, x4, x8 or x16 PCIe slots, allowing it to be used in the widest range of servers and workstations. NTDS cable connections are backward compatible with IXI Technology’s PCI board, allowing an easy upgrade to the PCIe version without the need to change cabling.
IXI Technology's NTDS ABCH PCIe board is easy to program and offers a variety of input and output modes to support any NTDS protocol. Hardware-independent input and output channels allow the NTDS ABCH PCIe board to perform simultaneous input and output (full duplex) operations. NTDS type is software-selectable allowing quick reconfiguration without the use of hardware jumpers or switch settings.
Boards can be used for passive tap applications as well as normal NTDS I/O. An on-board time stamp generator tags individual input words with 125 ns resolution. Time stamping is software-selectable and can be used with active or passive communications. All boards in the family are software compatible making it easy to mix parallel and serial NTDS boards in the same system as well as allowing transparent migration of applications between PCIe, PCI, PMC, cPCI, and PC/4. Device driver software is available for the most commonly-used operating systems.
For maintenance and reliability, PCIe NTDS Parallel boards are short-circuit protected outputs to prevent failures due to improper cabling or NTDS type mismatch. An internal loop-back path allows the NTDS ABCH PCIe to be tested without disconnecting cables. The NTDS ABCH PCIe board can be updated in the field by reprogramming its Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) logic to add features or compensate for non-compliant interfaces. Using FPGA technology reduces component obsolescence, enabling the Swift to be deployed and supported for years to come.
• MIL-STD-1397C type A, B, C, and H compliant
• Full-duplex 8- ,16- or 32-bit NTDS transfers
• Interrupt, PIO & DMA operation
• Independent NTDS input and output channels
• Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technology
• Separate word counters and time-outs for EI/EF words and data words on inputs and outputs
• Internal loopback test without disconnecting NTDS cables
• Software-enabled time stamp on input words with 125ns resolution
• Time stamps can be synchronized across multiple interfaces
• Supports receipt of multiple forced EF’s
• Software compatible with Swift PMC/ PCI/ cPCI
General Product Features
Input Mode Features
• Separate or combined data and command word buffers
• Input command words, stop on data word
• Input data words, stop on command word
• Passive tap mode
Output Mode Features
• Concurrent data and command buffer operation
Time-out Mode Features
• Time-out values in 10μs or 1ms increments
• Time-out between words and/or total transfer times
• Start time-out at beginning of operation or upon transfer of the first word
NTDS Connector Compatibility
• Connector compatible with Parallel NTDS board
Software Drivers Available*
• Choice of driver included with board purchase:
-Windows® XP/Vista/7/8/10, VxWorks®, Solaris™, Linux®, LynxOS®, HP-UX
*Contact factory for new OS support