Powerful NTDS I/O capabilities in a compact package
The Parallel PCI Mezzanine Card (PMC NTDS) connects to military computers and peripherals with MIL-STD-1397C Parallel Type A, B, C or H interfaces. The PMC NTDS is a daughter card that installs in a standard PMC slot on a host CPU or PMC carrier, providing robust NTDS I/O capabilities in a compact form factor.
IXI's PMC NTDS Interface is easy to program and offers a variety of input and output modes to support any NTDS protocol. Hardware-independent input and output channels allow the PMC NTDS to perform simultaneous input and output (full duplex) operations. NTDS type is software-selectable allowing quick reconfiguration without the use of hardware jumpers or switch settings.
PMC NTDS boards can be used for passive tap applications as well as normal NTDS I/O. An on-board time stamp generator tags individual input words with 125 ns resolution. Time stamping is software-selectable and can be used with active or passive communications.
All boards in the PMC NTDS Interface family are software-compatible making it easy to mix parallel and serial NTDS boards in the same system as well as allowing transparent migration of applications between PCI, PMC, cPCI, PC/104-Plus, and PCIe versions of the PMC NTDS. Device driver software is available for the most commonly-used operating systems.
For maintenance and reliability, PMC NTDS Parallel Interface boards feature short-circuit protection to prevent failures due to improper cabling or NTDS type mismatches. An internal loop-back path allows the PMC NTDS to be tested without disconnecting cables. The PMC NTDS can be updated in the field by reconfiguring its Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) logic to add features or compensate for non-compliant interfaces. Using FPGA technology reduces component obsolescence, enabling the PMC NTDS to be deployed and supported for years to come.
• MIL-STD-1397C Type A, B, C, and H compliant
• Full-duplex NTDS transfers
• 8- or 16-bit NTDS I/O via PMC PN4 connector
• Interrupt, PIO & DMA operation
• Independent NTDS input and output channels
• Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technology
• Separate word counters and time-outs for EI/EF words and data words on inputs and outputs
• PCI master and slave operation
• Short-circuit protected, tri-state drivers
• Internal loopback test without disconnecting NTDS cables Software enabled time stamp on input words with 125ns resolution
• Time stamps can be synchronized across multiple interfaces
• Supports receipt of multiple Forced EF’s
• Software compatible with Swift Parallel PCI, PMC, cPCI, PC/104-Plus, and PCIe boards
General Product Features
Input Mode Features
• Separate or combined data and command word buffers
• Input command words, stop on data word
• Input data words, stop on command word
• Passive tap mode
Output Mode Feature
• Concurrent data and command buffer operation
Time-out Mode Features
• Time-out values in 10μs or 1ms increments
• Time-out between words and/or total transfer times
• Start time-out at beginning of operation or upon transfer of the first word
Software Drivers Available*
• Choice of driver included with board purchase: Windows® XP, Windows ® Vista, Windows® 7, VxWorks® , Solaris™, Linux, LynxOS®, HP-UX® , FreeBSD
*Contact factory for new OS support
Options and Accessories
• Adapter Modules
• Cable Assemblies
• Tap Accessories
Swift PMC NTDS NTDS Parallel Technical Specs
MIL-STD-1397C Type A, B, C and H
8-, 16- or 32-bit NTDS I/O